Monday, February 25, 2008

Golden Moments


There are times each and every day when I'm dazzled by Linus' cuteness, intelligence, sweetness, or wit.  Some examples include:
* The bright, exuberant smile that bursts from his face when he first sees me each morning.  Wow! I get such a rush from it.
*Listening to his chatter when we are in separate rooms and he is talking to his toys or himself.  Charming.
*His sensitive soul is revealed by his constant awareness of togetherness.  When we eat an afternoon snack together across from one another at the table he says, "Eating snack. Together."  Or when we snuggle up next to each other under a quilt on the couch to read books he points out, "Reading together."  Togetherness with him is pure joy.
*The genuine appreciation he expresses when he effuses, "Thank you!" for some small thing I've done for him, like bring him a cup of water.
*The other day at the park he fell down and scraped his forehead on pavement. I scooped him up and attempted to soothe him with hugs and kisses. He kept crying and saying, "Hug.  Kiss." When I replied, "I am giving you hugs and kisses sweetheart," he said, "No, goose." He wanted one of the geese to comfort him!

Here he is having a blast at Barrett's birthday party. The kids were popping bubbles that the adults blew for them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what sweet moments. Thanks for sharing them.