Sunday, February 10, 2008

Toddler Bed


As I write this, Linus is napping for the first time in his toddler bed.  We set it up for him this morning and he helped take apart his crib.  We are borrowing the bed frame from our neighbors, Juliana and George, parents to Alex and Max.  
I leaned into his room and snapped a couple of pictures. I'm feeling weepy about this change.  As Matthew started taking apart the crib, I reminded him of how I had to go to the bathroom every three minutes as we set it up for Linus' arrival.  And I still remember how I felt about moving Linus from the bassinet to the crib.  Anna Louiza marvels at my sentimentality when it comes to Linus.  Words can't convey how I feel about him growing up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linus is growing to be a really fine, smart, sweet, thoughtful boy. You have every reason to be proud of him. You are doing a wonderful job.
It's a milestone all right. Congratulations!
Love,
Jean

Anonymous said...

Oh, he's in a toddler bed! I can imagine it was emotional for you! He looks comfy though, surrounded by his cozies! Yay for Linus!

Anonymous said...

I vote no on the toddler bed. Too soon! Too soon!

My problem is that Linus is growing up without me being there to see it. : (

But of course time marches on. Congrats to Linus on this milestone!