Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Story Time Promotion

I decided to move Linus up to the next level of story time at the library because he wasn't really getting anything out of Book Babies any more. We attended Tales for Two on Monday.  He had so much fun.  In between reading three books, the librarian led the group in doing the hokey pokey (Linus' first time), jingling bells to a song about bells, and several songs with movement involved. He stayed sitting by me while other kids sat up front together.  Before I know it, he'll prefer sitting with other kids over me.  When we got home, he pulled himself onto the couch to read the penguin book he checked out while I made lunch.  He also got a book about whales and one about puffins.  He now knows how baleen whales use their baleens to catch krill. I gloss over the page that addresses whale hunting.  I narrate that page by saying that the men are out in a boat to look at whales.  I'm not ready to introduce him to the practice of hunting.

To see a whole bunch of pictures depicting his visit to the library this day, visit the album.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of him running on the ramp at the library. He looks like such a little boy. Junie still attends Books and Babies...will be a while before she gets a promotion!

Anonymous said...

Brandon recently learned about slavery and the Underground Railroad at school. I wish I could still shelter him from all that terrible stuff. Matt still laughs at how I read a Jesus Loves Me board book to Brandon when he was small. The book read "I am weak but he (Jesus) is strong". I read it as "He is strong and so am I".