Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Art


Grandma and Grandpa sent Linus a box of ten bottles of paint and a whole bunch of fat paint brushes.  He has lots of fun with them and we go through quite a bit of paper.  I had the foresight to give him a bunch of blank note cards to paint on so I could use them as thank you notes for his birthday gifts.  His favorite thing to do with paint is mix the colors up in the palette, also known as a pie tin.  He thought it was neat when he made the color brown.  For the most part he keeps the paint where it should be, but now and then I notice some in his bangs later on.  

No bath for Linus tonight and no showers for us.  The biggie is that we can't flush the toilet.  The plumber thinks tree roots have busted our line.  Tomorrow we'll get it scoped and find out what it will cost to fix. I can live without the running water for a day I guess, but I'm rather distressed about what this is going to cost.  Linus was fascinated by the plumber and his assistant and kept asking about what they were doing and what the tools were.  I had to ask what the one machine was and now we know what a plumbing auger looks like.  Linus refused to go down for his nap until he had seen them drive away for the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

His art is lovely. Does he tell you what his pictures are, or is he just into using the colors?

Hope your plumbing misadventure doesn't end up costing too much!

Stacey said...

He painted a snowman and some blue berries. He is still just enjoying the thrill of smearing paint around.

Anonymous said...

I loved the card I got in the mail, and I knew it was a work of art from Linus. It was beautiful!
(Aunt Sara)