As Linus' friends have each turned two, their mothers have started potty training with them. Well, they are all girls and girls generally potty train earlier, so I had no inclination to start the process with Linus yet. He, on the other hand, saw Lucero's potty chair, as well as her sitting on it, and decided he needed one. I told him we would get him one. About a week past and I still hadn't picked one up. Then Friday we were playing with Chase at her house and Langley said she had one she was willing to give us since Chase didn't like it. It was too unstable for her. When she brought it out to the backyard where we were having a picnic lunch and the kids were playing with bubbles and croquet mallets, Linus was thrilled and claimed it as his very own.
When we got it home, he insisted on carrying it himself up the two small flights of steps outside, over the threshold, and into the spot on the bathroom floor that he claimed for himself by plopping it down. Then he sat down on it quite proudly.
We are taking a noncommittal attitude toward this because I think it is early yet for him and I don't want to make a big deal of it until he is ready. He mostly ignored the potty chair until yesterday morning. He was in bed with us after we all woke up and suddenly he said he needed to pee. He slid down off of our bed and ran into the bathroom. We could hear him sit down in there and then he came back and told us he was all done. Did he pee in his diaper just then? We don't know.
Matthew came up with a solution for the problem of the chair tipping forward when Linus sits on it: a brick inside the base. Works great!
(The shirt he is wearing has an owl on it and says "I'm a hoot!" Yeah, no kidding!)
1 comment:
He does look proud sitting on his potty chair!! I agree...he's a hoot!
Post a Comment