Friday, May 16, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa Visit



Jean and Jon, Matthew's parents, visited last Thursday - Monday.  Part of the time Linus was his charming, delightful self, which rapidly declined into him being sick and crabby.  Nevertheless, we had a nice visit with them, as well as Martha and Bill.  We ate lots of good food between the restaurants we visited and the home cooked meals by Martha and myself.  Friday I spent the day as a volunteer Guild Master for the Denver Public Schools Shakespeare Festival.  This event is amazing!  Four thousand students participated.  I had a blast helping out.  While I was there, the rest of our group attended the plant sale at the Garden and Linus took them to the playground to show them one of his favorite places to play.  We went to the zoo on Sunday, but Linus was progressively feeling worse and just wanted me to carry him everywhere.  Then that evening he threw up at the dinner table and that began the onslaught of digestive system ailments that have plagued him all week.

He still isn't back to 100%, but he'll get there in a few more days (I hope).  I have cabin fever. I did take him for a walk in the stroller this morning and we saw lots of flowers blooming in people's yards and met another neighbor.  

Here is Linus with Grandpa at the Garden. The other picture is from the Shakespeare Festival.  It shows a little bit of the contingent from the Denver School of the Arts.  I critiqued about 50 of their 60 performances that day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun visit. Until the Linus-getting-sick part.

The Shakespeare thing is right up your alley. As a Guild Master, what were your responsibiltiies and what does it mean that you critiqued the performances?

Stacey said...

My job was to provide a written critique for each performance. My strategy was to write at least one positive comment and suggest one area for improvement for each performance. I was also given a number of ribbons to award on the spot to performers who really excelled. That was especially fun for me because I was able to tell them to their faces that they did a great job. It was apparent that this meant a lot to the students I recognized with a ribbon. They would either start beaming from ear to ear or say thank you with a look of amazement on their faces. At the end of the day, three of the girls came over to me and thanked me for sitting there all day and watching the performances.

Anonymous said...

How fun! I want to do something like this. I'm glad Linus had fun with Grandma and Grandpa.