The first picture is of Linus passed out on my chair after breakfast this morning. He came down with a runny nose yesterday so I thought he was catching my dreadful cold. Instead, he threw up two times. He had a fever in the night and slept between us. When he is sick I like to have him next to me so I can minister to his needs that much quicker. He kept waking up, sitting bolt upright, and asking for water. He still has a fever and red cheeks, but rallied for a few hours after his nap on my chair. It is rough keeping everything together with a sick kid, but I do like that it makes him clingier. I like snuggling with him.
He became very, very upset after throwing up and cried so hard. He was upset for having puke on his throw rug and his clothes, plus he was so sick. I distracted him with books for much of the afternoon.
The second picture is from a week ago. I was hosing off the patio and then let him have the hose for his own fun. He had a blast and was giggling so hard. I think the sound of his laughter was resounding through the neighborhood. I was struck by the fact that it was April and warm enough to play in water outside.
2 comments:
Oh Baby Linus is sick! Poor baby but it's truly harder on mom and dad. Hang in there.
I'm so sorry that Linus is sick. It's heartbreaking when the little ones get sick. Some of the kids in our playgroup have had a stomach bug, so we've stayed away for a week or so. Hope he gets better soon and can play with the hose again! :)
Post a Comment