Thursday, May 15, 2008

On the Mend



Linus is feeling better today.  He still had a bout of diarrhea and has only eaten a waffle and a piece of toast, but he is smiling and talking once again.  We colored, painted, and even got out the Play-do.  When I went to do the laundry he said, "Mama no do laundry. Matthew do laundry."  Gotta love it!  Even so, when he went down for his nap I threw in a load.

Today he drew pictures of a plover, hornbill, killdeer, and woodpecker.  I keep meaning to send a letter to the author of his bird song books to tell him he has a 2-year old fan.  I'm also going to include a photo of Linus reading them.  

Here is Linus reading with Grandma Jean.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara says: I think it is funny he calls Matthew by his name. I am glad he is feeling much better and that he is enjoying the books we sent him! Kiss him for me!

Anonymous said...

Does he always call Matthew by his name, or just when he talks about him? How funny. Glad to hear he's feeling better.

Stacey said...

He always calls Matthew by his name. Matthew's parents had him call them by their first names and Matthew wants Linus to do the same. Linus knows my name is Stacey, but he calls me mama, which is my preference. I like that he calls me mama because it is like his special name for me, not because of power dynamics. But I'm also okay with him calling Matthew by his name because that is what Matthew wants. This seems to weird everyone out, but such is life.