
The word on the street here is that one can plant things after Mother's Day, but wait to put tomatoes out until after Memorial Day. Last Saturday Linus and I planted geraniums for the front porch steps and then put some seeds in the bed out front. We planted zinnias together. Then the neighbor boy, three-year old Alejandro, came over and joined us in planting bachelor button seeds. Here is a photo of Matthew helping the boys plant the Denver daisy seeds. Denver is celebrating its sesquicentennial this year and Denver Daisy seeds are free all around town. The citizenry has been instructed to plant them in our front yards for the Democratic Convention folks to see when they descend upon us in August.
Alejandro will be moving very soon, which is actually a good thing. His mother hollers at him all of the time and it stresses me out. I do wish I could rescue the kid. I can easily see myself rescuing kids like they are cats at the Humane Society. My mother hollered at us a lot when we were growing up and I'm very happy that I don't have it in me to yell at Linus.
1 comment:
I'll bet Linus had fun planting seeds. I'm glad little Alejandro can escape to your house for a reprieve from his mom's screaming. Poor little guy.
Post a Comment