One afternoon last week we had tea time. I made us raspberry leaf tea and we enjoyed it at Linus' little table. He was more interested in pouring in lots of milk and honey and stirring it than he was in drinking it. I've always put the milk and honey in for him in the kitchen, but this time decided to bring out the creamer, which he calls the milk dish. All of the little tea spoons we inherited are getting some use. Tea time is something very pleasant for us to share together.
Miscellaneous cute stories:
*We were lying on the bed together facing each other and he said, "We're both cute."
*I had him try on his winter coat from last year and he said, "This seems perfect on me." A few days later he told Matthew, "That jacket is perfect on you."
*Sunday we went to a party to celebrate one of Matthew's colleagues getting tenure. I met a lot of people there. Back at home Linus started shaking hands with his stuffed animals and saying, "Nice to meet you."
*At the library yesterday he selected a kids cookbook with no prompting from me. When I was done getting dressed this morning he told me he'd made pretend muffins using a recipe from the cookbook and would I like some.
4 comments:
What fun to have tea time with Linus! That sounds like a lovely way to spend time.
Tea time is the best! How lucky you are! I can't wait to have tea time with Juniper! How sweet.
Sara said...Linus must be feeling better if he is having tea and "muffins"!! I always dreak tea with sweetner, but not milk or honey. I should try that some time!
Now that I've heard Linus in person, I can hear his voice in my head when I read what he said.
Post a Comment