Sunday, February 08, 2009

Linus' Two Cents Worth



After eating one tangerine, he asked for another one. After a few bites of it he told me, "This is an exceptionally good one." It struck me as being a very well developed sense of taste and difference.

This morning Matthew helped Linus put a different outfit on the Madeline doll and as the two of them headed upstairs I could hear Linus say, "I like Madeline best. She's my friend."

Last night I was in my craft room doing work for my new business. As Linus headed toward the door I could hear Matthew warn him that "mama is working." Linus replied, "That is insane of her." Matthew and I both busted out laughing. It was appropriate commentary on several levels.

He's been having more tantrums lately. During one of his bouts of being contrary he blamed it on his body. Here is how the conversation went:
Me: Tell your body to behave.
L: My body isn't being have!
Thirty seconds later he hugs me.
L: My body is hugging your body.
M: I like your body.
L: I like your body too.
M: I also like your mind.

(Pictures are from Linus' first pony ride and the first time he's eaten with chopsticks. I got him cheater chopsticks for Christmas.)

4 comments:

Sara and Billy said...

Linus said "That is insane of her"? That is hilarious! I can't wait to hear the things my son says. Billy and I think he is going to lay in his crib and wonder why we got paint on the ceiling.....perhaps he will tell us about it some day.

Anonymous said...

I love his vocabulary! "Insane" is a great word to know, especially in today's world! What a riot this kid is!!!

Anonymous said...

So articulate. And I hope he managed to get food in his mouth with the chopsticks.

Stacey said...

Yes, he finished everything in his bowl, except for some stray grains of rice. Then he asked for seconds and polished that off.