Sunday, September 10, 2006

First Virus


Linus has his first cold. Poor kid. He is doing okay for the most part. He isn't finishing all of his bottles, but is eating pears okay and isn't too fussy. I figure he caught it at the doctor's office on Thursday. At least this didn't happen when he was two months old. He is quite sturdy now and I'm not worried like I would have been when he was tiny and like a baby bird. Matthew put the vaporizer in Linus' room. Other than that, there isn't much we can do for him.

It feels like fall here. A week ago we saw geese heading south and yesterday I saw a squirrel bury a walnut in the yard. We were under a frost warning last night, but it didn't get that cold. I'm glad for a number of reasons, the main one being that I didn't bring in my potted plants and I'd like to winter over the geraniums in the basement. Plus, it is too early to have frost. Plain and simple.

We have a primary election on Tuesday. I hope everyone votes for the Democrats.

In the last week we've carried Linus on our shoulders a few times. He likes being up high and looking around at things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was away on business for a few days (I always feel so grown up saying that) and was excited to get back and catch up on Linus' adventures. His first cold! Brandon's first cold was over Thanksgiving and he was fine most of the day but got fussy in the evening. While the rest of us played Jeopardy, Susan walked with him in front of the fire and finally relaxed and fell asleep in her arms. Awwww.....

Susan said...

I remember that. He snuggled up to me and fell asleep in my arms. I also was watching him when Steph and Matt went out once and he was sick and I was rocking him in the rocking chair with him snuggled in his blanket. He fell asleep in my arms and it made me so happy that I could comfort him.