Friday, September 01, 2006

Wanted: Fall/Winter Hat

It is getting down into the fifties here at night and I turned the calendar to September, so I'm already thinking about the cold weather to come. I realized that Linus doesn't have a winter hat because the lovely ones we received when he was born don't fit anymore. Any of you knitters have a burning desire to knit a hat for my munchkin? I measured his head and it is 18 inches around, so plan on maybe 20 inches around. We can always buy him one or two I suppose, but I know how knitters are always looking for someone who wants a hat or scarf or something.

Linus' favorite color, you ask? He loves them all, so you can knit up whatever strikes your fancy.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't knit but if I did I would want to knit a hat for Baby Linus!

Would you like Brandon's snow suit from his first winter? (We called it his 'no suit.) It's navy blue with a bear or something on the chest. Quite snuggy. It has a hood but if you want it and people want to knit something to match, it's navy like I said and the bear is light brown I believe.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... Knit or do reading for grad school?? Knit or do homework for Verona school?? Tough, tough decision... Can I get back to you?? :) I'm just not sure I can make such a difficult decision at this time in my life

Anonymous said...

I have the perfect yarn. Soft, chocolate brown and grey alpaca wool. Toasty warm for bald little heads. But hand wash.

Stacey said...

BryAnn, that yarn sounds wonderful. Handwashing won't be a problem, as long as he doesn't use it as a burp cloth!

Susan said...

I do not knit. I wish I did knit. I might learn to knit even if the baby does not get the hat till he is 6. It would probably be so big and funny looking he would beg not to have to wear it. I will not knit a hat. Give me an easier task.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I got some machine-washable wool in reds and blues at Lakeside Fiber when I was in Madison this weekend. So I've now started a little hat and Trevor wonders if I'm ever going to finish anything, or just keep starting new projects.

Anonymous said...

Wait! Madison as in Madison, WISCONSIN? What's Lakeside Fiber? And why don't I know about it?

Anonymous said...

Wait! Madison as in Madison, WISCONSIN? What's Lakeside Fiber? And why don't I know about it?

Anonymous said...

p.s. I dunno why my comment was just posted twice..?

Anonymous said...

http://www.lakesidefibers.com/

Someone I know shops there.