We got a fair bit of snow on Sunday. After we were done shoveling we took Linus out into it. He wasn't so sure of it at first, but by the time we brought him in, he had a big smile on his face.
I'm very excited to have signed Linus up for his very first reading program at the library. My sisters and I participated in a number of reading programs when we were kids and I was so excited when the librarian announced the program at the end of story time yesterday. For signing up, Linus got a Cat in the Hat bookmark. I had to pledge how many books we would read to him. I pledged to read 60 by early March, but by the end of yesterday we had already read 18 books to him (we read Old Hat, New Hat 9 times!), so our pledge won't be difficult to fulfill. He has a great attention span for books. I stopped reading to him on the floor this morning because my leg was falling asleep. He got grumpy and went right back to the stack of books. So I altered my position and read two more books.
He has started squealing with excitement at people and things. The only person who has been worthy of a squeal so far was Johanna. There is a bear in his Dirt is Delightful book and he gives little squeals for him.
4 comments:
Linus would squeal for me if I got to see him more often. : (
What is the address for Susan's blog for Lucy? I can't find it and I'm way out of the Lucy loop!
The Lucy blog's address is:
http://lifewithlucy-susan.blogspot.com/
I'll bet a Linus-sized snow angel would be very cute!!
Nice hat! Glad to see he likes snow, because you sure do get a lot of it.
BryAnn, we don't really get much snow anymore, what with global warming. When spring comes, we don't have big piles of snow to melt. Not like it used to be in Wisconsin.
Post a Comment