We could hardly be labeled as Mall Rats since we rarely go there. We go to the mall only for specific purchases at particular stores. We don't hang out there on weekends or wander stores looking at things. Consumerism has a weak hold on us for the most part. But it turns out that the only place in Green Bay that would engrave something purchased elsewhere is Things Remembered in the mall. I wanted to get Linus' cup and spoon engraved with his name and birthdate. They were ready to be picked up so yesterday I took Linus to the mall for the first time.
He got new pajamas on clearance at Kohls and an outfit for his birthday party. On our way out I decided we should complete the experience with a snack in the food court. We shared a cinnamon sugar soft pretzel. The customer service was atrocious, but Linus liked the pretzel well enough and enjoyed people watching. I kept thinking the money would have been better spent on a biscotti at Kavarna.
For his birthday I got him his first button down shirt and a sweater vest. The dilema for me is that while I love sweater vests on Linus and Matthew, they have become trendy. When something becomes trendy, I begin to dislike it. I tried to push that aside as I made the purchase.
The mall wore Linus out completely. When we got home I changed his diaper and planned to take him for a walk. He had other plans. He napped for over two and a half hours! That is what the mall does to me, too!
3 comments:
Is his birthday coming up already? What's the date again?
He's growing up so fast.
John and I like to go to the mall and look at the cute babies! I'll bet the people at your mall enjoyed seeing Linus.
His birthday is April 3 and we are having his party on April 1. And yes, he is growing up very fast.
Post a Comment