Linus and I went out and enjoyed the 57 degree weather today. After picking up dead leaves and trying to pick flowers that are about a third of an inch out of the ground, Linus decided we should walk in the alley. A few houses down there was a big dog in a fenced-in yard. The dog came running over and barked very loudly. Linus stopped and was nervous, but also curious. He started talking to it in an agitated way so I picked him up to provide extra comfort. Just then, a car drove up to pull into the back entry of a garage and hanging out of the car was another big dog.
Linus was also interested in watching a runner, cars, and the construction workers across the street.
Here are pictures from yesterday. This is the first time Linus had an interest in walking with his sippy cup and trying to drink from it at the same time. In the first picture, he is dropping bark and a walnut shell into the recycle bin. I guess he was confusing it with the compost pile! In the sippy cup picture you can kind of see the scrapes on his nose from falling last weekend and also the corduroy fish overalls I made for him.
3 comments:
I just noticed that in the sippy cup picture Linus' hair looks really red.
Susan says: Perhaps Linus would like Lucy now that he is older. Lucy weighs more then Linus!
Linus' hair is a mixture of beautiful shades. For the most part he is blonde, but there is definitely some red in there. I, too, have red in my hair, which I suspect was inherited from our great grandfather from Russia. Our mother said he had red hair.
Susan, Linus wants to like dogs, but they make sudden moves, unlike his stuffed animals. I'm glad he is cautious.
Post a Comment