Sunday, March 25, 2007

"I Went to the Wildlife Sanctuary...




and all I got was this lousy goose egg!"

Linus and I went to the Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary yesterday and enjoyed being outside in the gorgeous weather. Sadly, Linus fell on pavement and got a big lump on his forehead and scrapes above and below his left eye. My opening is funny because the Sanctuary is home to hundreds of large Canadian geese. When a bunch of geese called out at once, Linus joined in with the voice he now uses with animals. He enjoyed watching the ducks in an enclosure. He also saw a kestral, some medium-sized fish, and lots of little kids. He walked back and forth across the floating bridge in the lagoon. I let him get a bit ahead of me when he walked down the middle of the bridge, but when he veered off toward one of the sides, I sidled up next to him and took his hand. It amazes me how he doesn't have much separation anxiety in new settings like that, but have Matthew come home from work and Linus insists I hold him while I cook dinner.

The second picture is of him having a snack in the car before we headed home and the third one is of him at dinner time with his new injuries. I asked him to please get to his first birthday without a trip to the emergency room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so funny how one-year-olds usually have banged up faces in their birthday pictures. Poor little guy!

Anonymous said...

What a busy baby!!