Last week was Art Week for Linus. After talking to the neighbors, I learned that some of their kids have gotten to paint. Now Linus did have that very brief experience with painting by number at the art museum, but he hadn't yet had the freedom to paint one of his own creations. Charlotte got to use finger paints at her day care, but Annalouiza said she had Lucero use watercolors because they aren't so messy. When we went to Target I picked up some watercolors and chunky crayons that Crayola designed for Linus' age. He got into the watercolors more. He liked playing in the water. He mostly put the paint brush in the water, then into the paint, and then back into the water. He also tried putting the bristles in his mouth. His preferred colors were brown and black. Another day he also tried out scribbling with a pencil all over my list I was making of his winter clothes.
In the one picture you can see his lovey and Kewpie doll. He has taken to carrying lovey everywhere. I guess we should have expected that from a child named Linus! He also likes carrying around another small toy. Some days it is the bunny that used to be in the pocket of lovey. Other days it is the Kewpie doll. I refer to her as his baby. For a few days he carried around the small stuffed cow I brought back for him from Wisconsin.
5 comments:
Where did you get his Kewpie? I never see those in stores.
They sell them at Ben Franklin craft stores. I got it on sale a few years ago and then I came across it when I was sorting through my craft stuff and I gave it to Linus. He really likes her. He shares his sippy cup and bink with her.
I LOVE the Kewpie doll! I call Junie my Kewpie dolly, because she has bright blue eyes and often looks sideways at me with a little smile on her face, just like the Kewpie! Linus looks so engrossed in his painting! Did you hang it on the fridge?
He's following in your footsteps. I remember you had tried your hand at watercolors before.
When will we see his work?
I dreamed about Linus last night. He was smaller though, like maybe 9 months. Awwww....I miss him.
Post a Comment