I went away for a weekend on my own. I went to visit Lyz and to see Timon of Athens at American Players Theatre. I wasn't sure how each member of our little family would do with me being gone. We were all fine. The toughest parts for Linus were when he and Matthew drove away, leaving me at the airport. I could see Linus was sobbing. I had to work to keep that image out of my head. Matthew says that Linus was upset when he woke up from his naps and I wasn't around. I was only gone 48 hours, so it wasn't that big of a deal for Matthew to have Linus on his own. When they picked me up at the airport, Linus was more interested in watching the fountain than looking at me. Figures!
Linus likes pushing Lucero's doll stroller around. I'm tempted to get him one, but each time I buy something he likes playing with at someone's house, he has little or no interest in it. He'll just have to play with hers.
2 comments:
Aunt Sara says: You should have brought Linus to Wisconsin with you. I would have played with him. Last time he was with us he didn't cry at all. Maybe because Billy spoiled him though. (zoo, popsicles, stuffed animals, etc.) Glad all went okay with your first seperation!
Ah, the moment of separation is hard, but after a while, it's all fine. I'm glad it worked out well for everyone.
And I'm glad you had a good fun time on your own.
Post a Comment