Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Flat Stanley


We received a Flat Stanley in the mail yesterday. We've been instructed to take it places and take pictures to document his visit here, then send it all back to an elementary classroom in Wisconsin. He must have come from Brandon's classroom. Linus took Flat Stanley in the stroller for our walk yesterday and let him go down the slide into the leaves at Lucero's house.

Linus was sick with a temperature of 104 over the weekend. He is feeling much better, but Matthew and I have scratchy throats. I keep plugging along, because I can't tell Linus that I don't feel well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flat Stanley arrived! It looks like he's missing an arm.

Brandon had to send Stanley to someone out of state and we debated between Linus and Juniper. We figured Linus was older and having a few more adventures and that Junie might just eat Stanley.

104 temperature! Poor baby. I'm glad he's doing better.

Anonymous said...

You're right. Junie would definitely eat Stanley. She's been trying to eat my hair lately.

I hope you all get better soon! Junie and I were both sick with colds for about a month straight. Of course, John NEVER catches anything. Lucky duck.

Anonymous said...

By the way, you can tell Linus you don't feel well. Nothing wrong with that. Wee ones are so kind and sweet when they know you're sick. Brandon would say, "Mommy can't feel good." Of course, they still expect you to do your job of feeding them and playing with them, etc. But at least you get some nice lovin' out of it!

Stacey said...

Flat Stanley is not missing an arm. He was folded up to fit in the envelope and some of his appendages won't lie flat any more.

It made my day to receive him in the mail.