Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Keys


I don't remember posting about the set of keys I bought Linus at a neighborhood hardware store. He showed no interest whatsoever in his toy keys, but loved playing with mine. When I told the guys at the hardware store what I wanted keys for, they got very excited and involved in coming up with the best solution. One suggested giving us keys that they had cut wrong for other customers. They said I could have them for free. Then the one guy was worried that the edges were too sharp. I said I'd buy blanks. When I asked if they had colored bands to put on the keys to help with teaching Linus colors, they were so excited to pull out colored keys. Linus has a set of red, blue, yellow, green, and purple keys on a real key chain. Every now and then he plays a game of running around the house "locking" all of the doors. Fortunately, we live in an older house with skeleton key locks in each door. Here he is locking our bedroom door at night.

Notice how long his hair is? He will no longer let me trim it, so I'm taking him in on Thursday for his first professional haircut.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun to have real keys!! Good thing he can't actually lock you in/out of rooms!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear how the haircut goes. We discovered that a good way to keep Brandon occupied was to let him suck on the spray-water bottle. Germy? Maybe. But it kept him still. We also spritzed him in the face with it and he liked that as well.

Stacey said...

Linus hates water on his face, so I don't think I'll try spritzing him.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Sara said...I can't wait to see pictures of his first haircut!!