Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Language Update


Linus' vocabulary is growing rapidly. For example: I was getting dressed this morning and I asked him what I should put on next. He held up my bra and said "bra." Then he pointed at my chest and said "breasts." (He will be embarrassed when he reads this in 12 years.) He has also started catching on to the furnace operation. He was intrigued by the heat coming out of one vent and cooler air moving by another. I explained that the furnace sucks air in from one vent and blows warm air out another. Now, when the furnace kicks in, he says "heater."

Linus wants very much for me to partake in whatever he has or is doing. Last night I was done eating my dinner, but he was having seconds of stewed apples. He was upset that I wasn't eating any apples and he put one of his apple pieces in my bowl. Then he resumed eating with a satisfied face. When he was having his morning snack today he wanted me to also have apple cider and cheddar bunny crackers. I was leaning against the counter while drinking my cider and he brought his cup over and stood next to me, also leaning against the counter. It is little moments like these that make parenting great.

Last night Linus was all about doing the boogie woogie. You should hear him say boogie. He puts the emphasis on the second syllable -- boo GEE. The three of us were putting away clean laundry and he bounced around on our bed saying, "Boogie, boogie," and laughing up a storm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the exact same kind of button jar!! And I can't tell you how much joy I get out of dumping all the buttons out and looking at them. How funny.

Anonymous said...

Now when I hear the heat coming on, I think about Linus.