Monday, November 12, 2007

Mountain Hike


Yesterday afternoon we went on an impromptu hike at Gennessee Park. This is one of the mountain parks owned by Denver. It was the first one purchased back in 1913. Great foresight! Matthew said let's go to the mountains and I googled for a place to go and within a few minutes we were on our way. We saw bison in an enclosure there, but they were pretty far away. We spent our time walking a one-mile trail. It took quite a while because Linus mostly wanted to pick up rocks to toss down the embankment on one side of the trail and up the embankment on the other. It was pretty amusing to watch him. At the trailhead there were signs warning of bears and mountain lions. Then Matthew reminded me we had to watch out for rattlesnakes. I'd forgotten about that. We got out without any predator sightings. We did see deer on our way out of the park.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt's aunt and uncle who live in Golden were a major part of the effort to get a part of the sales tax to go to open space. When we visted them they showed us some of the areas in Golden they worked to acquire. I wish WI would do that. It breaks my heart to see the rolling hills of Green County developed.

And Linus related -- he looks so small against that mountain!

Anonymous said...

What would we do without Google? Honestly...I can't live without it. I use it like a zillion times a day. Baby's cheeks are red and warm? Help! Google! Recipe for fruit dip? Help! Google!

Anyway, glad Google helped you find a nice place place to walk. Linus looks like a little adventurer!