We took Linus to a reptile program at the library yesterday. He was very excited about getting to pet a gecko. We also pet a large snake. He wanted to pet the tarantula and didn't understand that one can hold it but not pet it. (It would release some of its hairs into his skin and it would itch.) We ran into my friend Cheryl and her kids, Lena and Gabriel. Gabriel is four and Linus thinks the world of him. He watches his every move. Lena is just a couple of weeks older than Linus. When we saw them enter the presentation room, Linus got very excited and started running toward them. About halfway to them, he turned around and ran back to me to breathlessly exclaim, "Friends!" and then he ran back to them.
Here he is petting a snake, showing Lena the dump truck on his shirt, and the kids climbing around in front of the library. I just love the tulle under Lena's skirt!
3 comments:
How cute that he knows "Friends!"
I love how he's pooching out his stomach to show off his shirt. I know you are teaching him to be kind to animals of all kinds but would it be so bad to teach him that tarantulas are horrible, horrible beasts and should all die?
He's brave. I can't imagine wanting to touch a tarantula, much less like it enough to pet it. Ick. I'm with Stephanie on this one! :)
Post a Comment