Linus made a birthday card for his friend, Barrett. She turns two this Saturday. I started by giving him a piece of paper folded in half. I showed him some pictures and he chose the ones he wanted me to cut out for him. Then I showed him how to use a glue stick. Ooooh, he loved this part! I quickly ran and grabbed his play dough place mat to work on so glue wouldn't get on the table. After he stuck down a few pictures, I asked if he wanted to try cutting. This was pretty interesting to watch. I sipped coffee and watched him make a go at it. Then we held the scissors together to cut. He glued pictures of flowers and butterflies on both the front and the back. Then I instructed him to write or draw for her on the inside. I told him he would give her the card and present (a book) at her party on Saturday. He said she would say thank you. I don't know about that, but it is okay if she doesn't because Linus will probably say thank you for her. I let him pick out the wrapping paper and I let him put some tape on the present, even though it didn't end up being anywhere that it was holding the paper closed. He was very proud of it all. I asked him where we should put it to keep it safe until Saturday. He ran and put it in his treasure box (the shoe box with stickers).
Back to the topic of thank you. A woman at the store yesterday commented on how polite Linus was. Be still my mothering heart.
3 comments:
Linus learned to be a good crafter when he was a special guest at our crafting weekend. He is a crafting savant.
Yay for Linus for crafting! What joy to have a child with whom to craft! I can't wait till Juniper is big enough to do crafts! Tell him I think his card looks beautiful!
Yeah for crafts! Who knew the Crease Craft Extravaganza would be so wonderful for him! Good job Linus, I know your friend will appreciate the card.
Post a Comment