Friday, June 13, 2008

Current Interests

Some of Linus' favorite activities are watering the plants in the yard, writing with sidewalk chalk, and reading books.  He draws bold lines on the front walk with a fair amount of strength.  He really liked the turtle I drew, over and above the heart, star, and moon I sketched.  He also likes to point out that things are funny.  While putting on his shoes and socks today I quizzed him about how many feet he has, mama has, fish have, etc.  When he told me fish have two feet I told him it was a trick question, that fish don't have feet.  He giggled and said, "That's funny."  I enjoy it in part because I tend to think much of the world is quite funny.

Interestingly, he likes to dip pieces of veggie burger in barbecue sauce.  He loves, loves, loves ice cream over any dessert.  Lately he has been asking to go to coffee shops at least once each day.  (If we were still living in Green Bay, Linda and Alex would have Linus running around with their girls at Kavarna every day.) I would love to go out for coffee every day, but since money doesn't grow in our back yard, that is out of the question.  He was pretty whiney about it at lunch today, until I pulled out the can of mandarin oranges.  He really likes them and polishes off all of them in one sitting. He calls them "man oranges."  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when I used to visit you when you were in college, and you'd always feed me mandarin orange slices. I cannot see them in the store without thinking of you. Aren't you honored? :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I got so excited I said it twice! There needs to be a "delete" option on this thing.

Anonymous said...

Brandon never cared for mandarin oranges but Brian's niece loves them. Watering the flowers is fun. Lately I haven't gotten to do it because of the frequent torrential downpours we're enjoying are keeping the flowers quite hydrated. It will be a nice savings for my water bill which will be offset by the increased cost of electricity to run the dehumidifier!