Monday afternoon Linus started pulling my cross stitch project out and said he wanted to do "stitchering." I paused for only a second and told him to wait a minute, I'd get him his own project. I laid my hands on some plastic canvas, pulled out a large needle, and chose a pretty green-blue embroidery floss. I ran up the stairs and commenced with his first sewing lesson. I threaded the needle with three strands of floss knotted at the eye of the needle and at the end. I don't have any blunt needles in the house, but I wasn't too worried about him using a real needle because he plays with my pincushions and never gets poked. I had him poke the needle through wherever he wanted and then showed him out to pull it out from the bottom. He took to it like a pro.
He is nakey-baby in this picture because we were potty training that afternoon and he somehow ended up spending most of the afternoon wearing nothing but his socks. He had one accident in his undies and then made it to the potty six times. I never knew he peed that often! Potty training is still on his timetable. When he tells me he wants to use the potty or wear undies, then we go for it. I got such a kick out of photographing him "stitchering" while potty training, both being big kid activities, all while sucking on bink, a throwback to infancy.
4 comments:
His chubby cheeks and bink make him look like a baby, but the rest of him looks skinny with no baby fat.
Love that he's stitchering. I might add that to my vocabulary.
I like his skinned knee!! Evidence of adventures!
Linus has a great way of using the language. Whenever he kicks a ball around he calls it soccering.
Oh lord. This will be the picture you show his dates when he's older. Ha!!
P.S. As you know, Brandon still calls it "arting" whenever we color or draw.
Post a Comment