I recently decided Linus was tall enough and had adequate self control to push his own kid-sized grocery cart at the store. It went great! He is careful to not run into people with the cart and asks before he puts something in it. When the food is within his reach I ask him to pick out x many of it and he puts his counting skills to use. When the food is too high for him to reach, I grab it and then ask whose cart it should go into. He is very decisive and always knows immediately where it should go. He also unloads all of his items onto the conveyor at the check out. The staff have been amazed at his focus and maturity. And his cuteness, too. Fortunately, we shop at a smaller local natural foods store and they have the time and patience to let him unload his cart.
As you can see, on this day Linus brought Madeline to the store. It was rainy and before we left he had me help him put on her raincoat.
2 comments:
I love those child-sized carts! So cute! Once again, it looks like he's a very good helper!
So responsible, putting the raincoat on Madeline.
The other day I was at someone's home as noticed they had a Madeline doll sitting on the bench. It may be their doll, it may be their grandchildren's.
Post a Comment