Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Assistant Sander


One of my goals this summer was to refinish our porch swing.  I finally started it last week.  Linus liked sanding and was even good about going with the grain.  After a few minutes of focused work he started running around the yard, coming back to sand a bit, and then running around again.  I haven't gotten any farther than I got last week because it aggravated my carpal tunnel syndrome and it is still bothering me nearly a week later.  I guess I should send out an email to our friends and see if someone has a power sander I could borrow and learn how to use.  Or else we won't sand it anymore and just put some polyurethane on it and call it done.

Cute things Linus has said recently:

Matthew said, "It is already 11:15."  Linus said, "No, it's 14:19.  14:16." 

He sang these words:  
We ma way
Lion in the jungle
Lion in the jungle
Lion in the jungle
Lion in the zoo.

He was on my lap and we were cuddling and he looked at me and said, "Everyone in the world likes us."  World peace does exist in this tiny way.  What a beautiful idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Power sanders are a cinch to use. I used one to sand down some old tables once. You could definitely do it! They're loud though!

I like his world view. It makes me smile.

Anonymous said...

Brandon once said "When I have good dreams there are gummy bears in my pink ice cream." I wish that could always be his world. I think someone should put together a collection of little kids' delightful world views like these. What perfect meditations to refocus on what's important.