I helped Linus create a spider web this week. He had discovered my little hole-punch in my desk and had fun punching holes in the paper in the recycle bag. I gave him a paper plate and instructed him to punch holes around the rim. I had to help him slide the plate in far enough, but he did pretty well at punching through the plate. Then I gave him yarn that I knotted on one end and wrapped in a bit of tape on the other so that it would be easier for him to sew with it. He criss crossed the plate and created a fine looking web. I created a spider by spiraling up pipe cleaner (he chose white), and bending smaller pieces onto the body to create the legs. Linus applied the googly eyes. After we took pictures of it, he decided the spider needed flies to eat. He then proceeded to glue every single one of his puff balls on it for the flies. I don't have pictures of that because the lens cover on my camera refuses to open and I need to mail it in to be repaired. Grrrr.
Matthew took some comp time and came home early from work today. He and Linus are off for a walk, which gave me a chance to blog a bit.
1 comment:
Ooh...I like his art, even though I'm not fond of spiders.
Post a Comment