I brought the camera with me when we went for a walk recently. Linus brought Floppy Dog with us. We smelled flowers, watched squirrels, and ended up at the playground at the park. When we started to head home Linus wanted me to put Floppy Dog down his shirt. Something led me to believe that he wanted to carry him the way people carry babies in slings. I used his long sleeve shirt to make a sling and that is how he carried Floppy Dog all the way home.
Two new words in his vocabulary include "evaporated" and "xenophobic." He was jabbering away and I was only partly listening and I heard him say "evaporated." At dinner I told Matthew about it and he asked Linus, "What evaporates?" Linus answered, "Water." Matthew asked, "When?" Linus said, "At the garden." When it comes to "xenophobic" I should clarify that although he said the word a few times today he doesn't really know what it means. He has a book called C is for Curious: An ABC of Feelings. For the letter x it has the word xenophobic and an illustration of some unidentifiable animals that kind of look like skinny dogs looking up at a UFO flying overhead. I just tell Linus that they are saying, "Who is that up there?" and I use a bit of a gruff voice. I don't think a two-year-old needs to know what it really means.
2 comments:
Interesting that a children's book even attempted to discuss xenophobia. I'll have to get a copy of the book from the library.
Aunt Sara said...it could have said "xylophonic" and mean feeling like a musical instrument. Gosh.
Post a Comment