Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Beep


Here is Linus eating his first corn on the cob at Martha's and Bill's. We had some at home on Monday night that was soooo incredibly sweet and fresh. It was Olathe, a variety grown in Olathe, Colorado. The newspaper proclaimed it the best sweet corn and they were right. We had the butter dish on the table and Linus wanted some. I cut off a small pat and put it on his plate, intending to instruct him in buttering his corn. I didn't move fast enough and he promptly ate the pat of butter. Matthew guessed that Linus thought it was cheese. He wanted more, but I didn't give him any more and told him he'd had enough fat.

One of the snacks at Bennett's birthday party were little boxes of raisins. Linus thought this was the coolest thing ever. It became a love-hate relationship when he brought a box of them home. They would get stuck in the box and he would lose his patience, fling the box around, and holler. In the process, raisins went flying. I finally threw the box away and only give him raisins in little bags or bowls.

Last night Linus said hi to a man when he was out for a walk with Matthew and he told me "night night" when I said it to him at bed time. The word he says most frequently is beep. Any time he hears the microwave, a car, or construction equipment backing up and there is beeping involved, he says beep and grins.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linus is so cute gnawing on the corn on the cob! How fun that he's starting to say more words!

Anonymous said...

The verbal kid loves corn of course.
Anyone born in Wisconsin would prefer butter to the "other stuff". At least it went in his mouth rather than his pocket (ask Matthew). Cheers, all is well in Lexington.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Sara says: He eats corn? Of course he loves corn, who doesn't! Again, he is wearing stripes. His Uncle Billy wears stripes every day! He is getting so big. I miss him. Give him our love!

Anonymous said...

Look at those cute little pudgy hands, complete with dimples on the knuckles. And those big fat cheeks!

Babies are so cute. Hopefully some time in winter I'll be able to see Linus (and you and Matthew) in person again. He'll be such a big boy by then.