Here is Linus playing a djembe drum at the Museum of Nature and Science. The Museum has a Discovery Zone with hands on activities for kids. Volunteers and staff help kids explore and at 11 they hold a story time or activity. On this occasion the talk was about African music, specifically from the Ivory Coast. The kids got to hear some music and then play instruments. One kid broke a shakere and the facilitator handled it so well.
Linus' favorite activity is to play in the tub filled with a dish soap bubble concentration. There are a bunch of bubble wands in there. We can easily be at that tub for half an hour with me making bubbles and encouraging kids, while Linus watches and swishes wands around in the soap. I think it is fun to get to make a bubble mess on carpet! He also likes to play the piano. It has a window so one can see what happens inside when keys are pressed. After he played it for the first time, he was much more interested in his little 4-key toy piano.
2 comments:
The drum is almost bigger than he is!! :)
P.S. I can't say how annoying it is to me that blogger presents my name in all lower case. Why does it do that? I use a capital letter each time and it makes it a lowercase "s." Grrr. I've even tried leaving a space or two before I type my name, and it still does it. Hmpf.
Post a Comment