Saturday, August 25, 2007

Social Graces





We are trying to raise Linus to be a courteous lad, among other traits like being open-minded and into social justice, environmentalism, the arts, etc. I've always been impressed with how polite my nephew Brandon has been from an early age. I have him in mind as I consistently tell Linus please and thank you so that he picks it up from the beginning. It has already started to pay off. The other day as I handed him blocks he said, "Kew," after each one. He was saying, "Thank you."

Linus loves to meet people. At the two birthday parties last Saturday he was quick to meet new kids. Here are pictures of him meeting girls. The one is of him going up to meet a girl at Bennett's party at the sand and water park in the Stapleton neighborhood. Bennett turned two. The other photo is of him playing with the bubble machine with a girl at Charlotte's first birthday party in the evening. (He has made so many new friends here in Denver! Two parties in one day! I've never been to two birthday parties in one day!) The other pictures are of Bennett exhibiting birthday joy to his mom Genna (she is in orange) and the picture of the birthday girl in the high chair is Charlotte. Her parents are shown singing to her. Bennett and Charlotte both live on our block.

Linus kissed his first baby! I was holding a six-month old from the neighborhood and I asked Linus if he could give her a kiss. He leaned right over and kissed the top of her head. Everyone responded positively, so he kept giving her kisses. I joked that if we had another baby, Linus would love it to death.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Linus is learning his manners so early. I agree...Brandon has always been so very polite, and now Linus will follow in his footsteps! :)

Betsy Cole said...

Hee! Wesley loves kissing Lorrie, too -- we started before she was born. Every night, he'd kiss me, then my belly. Now, he kisses me, then Lorrie. Good to hear that Linus is developing good manners, and he's certainly adorable!

Anonymous said...

What a great kid he's turning out to be.

Anonymous said...

Brandon would be honored to be Linus' role model. The other day Brandon wanted to answer the door to get our pizza from the delivery guy. He handed him the money, took the pizza and said, "thank you, I'm sure it will be very good".