Friday, September 07, 2007

Corn, Again


We had corn on the cob again and Linus insisted on eating it with his fork. It kept falling off and he was becoming frustrated, so I jabbed the fork into the end of the cob, like a corn skewer. Then dinner went on quite peacefully, except that Linus only ate corn and nothing else.

We played at a new park today with Linus' new friend that he met at the library. Her name is Chase and she is only a couple of weeks older than Linus. Her parents just moved back to the States after being in China and Switzerland for work. I've been trying to help answer Langley's questions about where to go for different things. The babies play nicely together and it was fun to visit a new park. Langley calls it Turtle Park because there is a cement turtle in the play ground. Nearby is a coffee shop and bakery with the most gorgeous looking baked goods.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun that Linus met a new friend! What a friendly little guy. :)

Anonymous said...

How cute that Linus has a Maisy plate. The song on the TV show goes, "Mai-sy! Mai-sy! Maisy, Maisy Mouse!" I used to sing it to Brandon as "...Maisy, Maisy Hippo!" and he would laugh hysterically at how silly that was. "Maisy, Maisy Giraffe!" Ahh... the good ol' days. The other day Diego was on which is the Dora spin off "for boys". Brandon said Diego is stupid. I thought he was saying "thanks Viacom for encouraging strict gender differentiation. This little boy liked Dora just fine, thank you" but Brian said Brandon has outgrown preschool shows. I was horrified.

Stacey said...

I got the Maisy plate for 25 cents at Goodwill, along with a matching bowl. I was excited to bring them home for Linus.