Our neighbor, Marie, sent out an email inviting the neighborhood to stop by and pick grapes in her back yard. I think we were the only ones to take advantage of her bounty. The three of us went over and had fun picking and eating the grapes. Linus choked on the first grape because of the seeds. I told him about spitting them out. And no, we didn't do a grape stomp. I'm still trying to locate some canning jars to make grape jelly.
Our other neighbor gave us a zucchini and as we walked home with it, Linus referred to it as "nee nee."
Today Matthew and Linus went in search of a bike helmet for Linus to wear when Annalouiza takes him and Lucero on bike rides. I went to a yard sale at an elementary school in search of a little table for Linus to use for crafts and such in the kitchen. We had great success! Linus is now the proud owner of a helmet with comical chicks and a table with two chairs. I got the table set for about a third what it would have gone for on Craig's List, so I'm pretty pleased with myself for being one of the first two people at the sale.
2 comments:
Yay! Linus is back. What a sweet backpack. Excellent gift. Do you sing him Dora's backpack song? As you know it basically just goes..."Backpack, backpack! Backpack, backpack!"
Grape-picking??!!! What fun. I'm jealous.
Post a Comment