On our way up to see the elk, I pulled over for a pit stop at the first available place and it turned out to be a great farm market. There were gorgeous pumpkins, gourds, squash, and Indian corn. Linus picked out two tiny pumpkins and had a blast playing in this gigantic metal pumpkin. We also ran around the straw bale maze a bit. Matthew picked out some apples that smelled the way apples smelled in my orchard in Peshtigo. Such a great autumn smell. I got such a high being there. I loved hearing Linus giggle as he ran around and I enjoyed being surrounded by produce. I think I have farmer in my blood.
3 comments:
"I have farmer in my blood"
How appropriate then that you have married Matthew and will be raising little farmer Linus. I can just picture his road side stand selling nee-nees.
I often long to have my hands in the dirt planting something...and when I smell cow manure (which is rare out here), I tear up. It just reminds me of life in the country. Perhaps this gene is in me, too.
Aunt Sara says: Funny because I love going to Billy's grandpa's because it is out in the county but I hate getting dirty. Every year our mother does my spring yard cleaning for me because I can't stand getting my hands dirty. Must be the credit union worker in me! =)
Post a Comment