Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sharing is Caring



I've begun the lessons on sharing. Well, I like to think I started those from the start by modeling my generosity. Even so, we are in the early stages of, "Oh, please don't take the toy away from her. You play with her toys and she can play with your toys." Linus isn't an agressive non-sharer, but is right where he should be developmentally in terms of thinking the world revolves around him and that if he wants something, of course he should have it right this second. He is very good about sharing with me.

Last week I caught Linus and Lucero sharing milk without any intervention from me. They were having milk, crackers, and raisins while I was cleaning up in the kitchen. I turned around to see them giving each other drinks of milk! So adorable. The camera is nearly always nearby (helps to live in a smaller abode) and so I was able to snap some shots. I LOVE the expression on Linus' face when Lucero is offering him a drink.

The next day Linus came down with a cold and I had to call Annalouiza and warn her that Lucero might come down with it. Fortunately, she didn't.

Lucero and her parents are in Texas this week and I can feel a void in our neighborhood. The night before they left, Annalouiza was discussing the trip with Lucero, who asked if Linus was coming with them.

As a side note: We have a picture of Linus' cousin Junie up on the fridge. I asked him who it was and he said, "Noony." I'm still working on how to spell his pronunciation of Brandon. We need some pictures of the Cole cousins to hang up so Linus can learn their names, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't put my finger on why, but these pictures remind me of the 1930s Campbell soup ads with the cherubic little kids.

I'm SO excited that Linus knows who his "Noony" is...each day, as I play with Junie on the floor, I list all of her cousins. I say, Cousin Brandon loves you, Cousin Linus loves you, etc. I also say Aunt Stacey loves you, Aunt Stephanie loves you, Aunt Sara loves you, Aunt Susan loves you, etc. Even though everyone lives far away, I want her to know who these people are!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you're totally right. The top picture is exactly the Campbell's Soup kids.

SCRAPBOOK PAGE!