Thursday, June 19, 2008

Gardening in the Buff

Yes, another nakey-baby photo.  On this day after playing in his little pool and sand box he took off his swimsuit and started doing yard work. He pulled a few weeds and put them in the compost bin.  Together we cleaned out and refilled the bird bath (the little tray shown here perched on a log), and then he decided he wanted to see worms. I told him that they were staying underground and he asked me for a trowel and started digging.  He didn't find any and asked me for help.  I suppose I could have gotten out a full-size shovel to dig farther down to find the worms, but he had already moved on to just enjoying the digging.  

He hasn't worn any clothes today and hasn't had any accidents.  Even when he is engrossed in play he stops what he is doing and says, "Mama, run!"  and off we go to the bathroom.  Based on my reading on the topic, one recommendation that sounds like a good idea is to eliminate all diapers, cold turkey.  I decided to compromise a bit and when he went down for his nap I had him step into a pair of training pants that have a waterproof outer layer.  He said they were cute.

He looked especially cute today playing tea party with me with no clothes on.  Baby and toddler nudity is cute.  Their bodies are absolutely perfect and delicious. Me, I won't even wear something as revealing as a tank top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love nakey pictures! We always get a kick out of Juniper being nakey-baby each night before her bath. Seeing a nakey baby crawl is priceless!!

Yay for the potty training successes. It sounds like it's going well!