Linus has been developing in leaps and bounds the last week or so. Since last Monday he has only worn diapers at night. When I took him to the library yesterday for story time we made it through the excursion with no accidents and I help him use a toilet for the first time. I thought for sure he'd have an accident during our grocery shopping trip today, but he did great.
Yesterday he started using figurative language. I'm so excited about this! We were looking at a book together and he said, "Flower like mama." He pointed to my red shirt and said, "It matches." When we were out for a walk, he pointed to a yellow car and said, "Car like a flower." I asked, "Because it is yellow?" He said yes.
He has become even more involved in imaginative play. He creates detailed scenarios for his cars, little people, stuffed animals, plastic animals, etc. I love eavesdropping as he plays. I overheard him have the little person driving the digger say to the cement truck, "Excuse me, cement truck." Another time he had a car say, "Excuse me construction persons." Even his toys are polite!
Other fun things he has said:
- "Nice to see you, Matthew." He said this when Matthew returned from work.
- He asked for an Easter egg. I told him we didn't have any more. He said we needed to get some at the Easter store.
-He pointed to a picture I'd recently hung and said, "Good!"
-He tells himself, "Good job, Linus." He also tells his animals they do a good job.
-He pointed to the clock and said it was "early o'clock."
-He peeked his head up from under the table and told me, "Linus pretending be a billy goat." He saw his first puppet show at the library and it was about the Three Billy Goats Gruff. He also told me he wanted to play puppets. I'm going to make him some.
-He adds ded to a number of verbs. He tells us that he "run-ded."
-He told his stuffed animal, "New day, bunny! Time get dressed."
2 comments:
I love hearing about all his new phrases! I want to print some of these out and hang them on the fridge!! :)
What a polite and well mannered boy!
Post a Comment