Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Summer Time

Summer is definitely here!  It seems that the minute Denver Public Schools got done with the school year, the temperature shot up to the mid- and upper 80's.  Friday I got out Linus' little wading pool and he played in the water for hours.  His favorite activity was filling up his watering can in the pool and watering plants.  He also liked moving toys back and forth between the pool and his sand/water table.  When he napped, I made up some yogurt popsicles and surprised him with them the next day.  They were a great treat for all of us.

Funny things Linus has said:

He choked a bit on some water and then he told me it "went down the wrong throat."  

I was making his remote control train go and he asked me to shut it off in a hurry.  He also has some issues with the toy car from Billy that zooms when one shakes it.  I asked him if he doesn't like moving things.  He answered, "I like moving boxes."   That one made me chuckle.

The room darkened a bit and I explained to Linus that the clouds covered up the sun.  He said, "Sun went night-night."  

He found a  dark feather in the park, which is almost guaranteed to be from a goose.  I asked him what kind of bird it was from.  He looked at it and said, "Black bird."  I didn't correct him because of course a black feather would be from a black bird!

Counting update:  Linus for a while only counted to two. Then he moved on to 1, 2, 3, 6, 9.  Now he is at 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10.  So we are working at squeezing nine in there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

His counting reminds me of a song on the new Barenaked Ladies' kids' cd. It goes "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 ...What about 9? 7 8 9!" Tee-hee.

I love hearing what he has to say.

Stacey said...

I went and found the song at the iTunes Music Store. I bought it on the spot! What a great song.

Anonymous said...

I know his face is goofy here but it looks like he might have lost a little weight during his illness. Poor baby. Give him more popsicles!

Stacey said...

It might be that he recently got a haircut and he always looks older right after a cut. His face looks more round when his hair is a bit longer. I think he's gained back any weight he lost while sick.