Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pumpkin Patch



Saturday we went out to the Gardens' site at Chatfield for Pumpkin Fest.  It was drizzly and cold so we didn't spend all that much time there.  Even so, it was fun to see Linus in his lion costume stumbling his way through the pumpkin patch.  Before we even arrived there he knew he wanted a little pumpkin.  He brought home a very cute one that I neglected to photograph because it started to rain.  When I saw the barrel trains I was pretty sure Linus would think a ride on one would be fun.  As the tractor pulled away with him, I couldn't believe he was doing this on his own.  How could he be big enough for this?!  As we watched the barrel train curve off out of view I told Matthew, "This is the first time we've let a complete stranger go off with our kid."  I think this is just one example of the baby steps I'll be taking until he goes off to preschool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Juniper got a little pumpkin this weekend, too! It would be cute to see her chasing after Linus now that she can walk!

He looks adorable as a lion!

Anonymous said...

Eeeek! I agree that Linus can't simply be old enough to ride a train. *sigh*

Too bad it was so cold. We had 80 degrees this weekend at the apple orchard. It was great.