
Doesn't it look like Linus is demanding some of our doughnuts? In reality he was excited about us talking to him. Last night at dinner, though, he grabbed at Matthew's plate twice. I had to hurry and wipe the tomato sauce off of his hand before he put it in his mouth. During and after dinner he was quite fussy and none of my tricks worked to calm him down. Then I took him outside to watch Matthew mow the lawn and that worked. He watched Matthew for about 45 minutes. That got us to bedtime. I changed him, fed him, and tucked him in, all by around 9. Then I read a chapter of the new Anne Tyler novel and went to sleep. We are surviving the heat by staying in by the AC and using the ceiling fans. Temperatures should moderate tomorrow. Now I'm just hoping for reasonable weather for Saturday when we go to American Players Theatre (APT). I suspect Stephanie is counting down the days to when we come down. She will be looking after Linus while we are at APT.
5 comments:
Brian, Brandon and I are all counting the days. Actually Madison as a whole is counting the days until our Linus arrives. Matt wants to come see you guys. I'm sure Sara and Susan will find their way to my place. Lyz? You wanna come too? Brian and I were thinking we could have a cookout on Friday night or brunch on Sunday. What works best for everyone?
Here's hoping Stacey and Matthew can enjoy the plays on Saturday. The first time I was away from Brandon we went to see The Perfect Storm. I had read the book and knew what to expect so I was like, yeah, yeah, big wave, hurry up. The movie hadn't even faded all the way to black and Matt and I were out the door so fast you would have thought the theater was on fire.
Stephanie, here's hoping _you_ enjoy Saturday night as well! Although, since you check on the blog regularly and therefore know all about him, and since our child is just about perfect, it ought to be a cinch... Right?
(Do all the parents in the room now have a different expression on their face than the non-parents?)
Linus looks ready to take flight across the room! It's a bird! It's a plane!....It's SUPERBABY!!!!
As a non-parent, who will not be there in Madison, I say I would gladly babysit Linus. From the blog, he does seem like the perfect baby.
Plus, if he does start screaming and crying, I know there will be an end, when you come back and he sees his favorite faces.
And _that's_ the difference between the parents and non-parents ;)
I am not too worried. He is the cutest baby born in this half-decade (Brandon is six now y'know)so even if he screams all night, drools all over me and chews on all my stuff I will forgive him. And Brandon has what he thinks is the perfect technique for dealing with a crying baby. He has it in his head that Linus is going to sleep with him. "And if he cries, I will tell him 'Stop crying now Linus'". So we're set. It's that easy!
Post a Comment