Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Drool Master



Linus is very slobbery these days, in a charming sort of way. He loves sucking on his fingers, my night gown, his rattle, etc. If you put anything near his face, he moves his mouth toward it. It cracks me up. Last night we sat out on the deck together and he peacefully gazed at the maple tree while taking turns sucking on his hand, my finger, or the toy keys. When we went inside a half hour later his outfit was very wet around the neckline from all that drool.

While sitting there I spied a little green plastic soldier on the deck. The previous kids to live here played a lot on the deck and I think some toys fell down the hole that is where the deck was built around the tree. There has been a chipmunk hanging out there and I think it brought up the soldier. Little toys resurface periodically in the flower beds and I've been saving them as little treasures from the previous family.

(Photo: Linus helping Matthew prune the lilacs on Saturday.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the imagery of a little woodland animal seeing a piece of plastic and thinking: What's this doing here?

Then the image of the toy going pop! and jumping up onto the deck.

Anonymous said...

I think the chipmunk that put the toy soldier on your deck had a hidden agenda...

He wanted to say that Linus is a little "trooper." :)