Sunday, July 09, 2006

Good Morning


Around 8 yesterday I heard Linus playing in his crib. I took the camera with me because I wanted to capture the smile that I was sure to receive. Isn't this beautiful? What a great way to start each day. He spent some time outside with Matthew, helping him prune the lilacs. Linus knows how to live life: work a bit then take a nap. Play a bit, then take a nap. I think adults would be much less cranky if they lived their lives this way.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Another thing Linus and I have in common...sleeping! I am an expert nap-taker. My skills are legendary. I'm thinking of putting it on my resume. I'll file that in the back of my mind for when I help Linus with his resume when he grows up! ;)

Stacey said...

It does take skills to be an effective nap-taker. One has to be able to just let go and shut off the world. Napping with a baby is heavenly. I took a nap with Linus one afternoon last week and it was nice to share that relaxing time together. Unfortunately, a telemarketer called and woke me up.

Anonymous said...

I love visiting the blog. It seems so nice and happy in Linus-land. No pressures, no budgets to meet, no proposals to write, no staff to supervise and find salaries for, no meetings, no lipstick that won't stay in place...

Stacey said...

It is true that there is a lot less pressure in my life now. This is a more mellow lifestyle. My job is to help Linus grow up to be healthy and happy. If the laundry or dishes only get half way done, oh well. No one breathing down my neck, other than myself! I've been purging my wardrobe of things that don't fit or are for an office job. I can wear whatever I feel like. Linus likes it all. He likes playing with my bracelets around my wrist. I think they are like a rattle to him. The trick is to keep him from trying to put my wrist in his mouth.

Anonymous said...

Stacey - Linus is just beautiful! What a happy guy! We miss you here at the job center. Wishing you and your wonderful family the very best! Take care and thanks for sharing - I think Linus has a great future ahead of him, perhaps he could make the world a happier place-one smile at a time! Jaime