Saturday it was warm and sunny and we joined Martha and Bill at Chatfield for the Gardens corn maze and other activities. We checked out the scarecrows the staff had made and played a bit in the corn maze designed for younger kids. Linus investigated some of the ears of corn. We all succumbed to sharing a funnel cake. It was Linus' first taste of one. He loved it. We all did! My favorite part was when we went to check out the animals on the historic farm. They were in the barn and I really wanted to see them, so I climbed into the pen and went into the barn to get them out. The goats came out and Linus got to pet them. Linus had fun climbing on vintage farm equipment and visiting the chickens. He also liked gathering rocks from the driveway, some of which made it home in his pocket.
In the one picture you catch a glimpse of his belt. Some of his pants have been slipping off of him, so I bought a skinny woman's belt at Goodwill, cut it down to the right length, hammered in some holes, and voila; he had a belt!
4 comments:
We love funnel cakes! I made some one night last week, because John had a bad day at work and I wanted to cheer him up. Glad Linus got to enjoy that treat!
I was showing the week's pictures to Brandon and told him Linus is wearing one of his shirts. Brandon said, "Finally, I am famous because of my shirts!" Like that was one of his goals in life. Thanks to Linus for making Brandon's dream come true. : )
just when I feel like they are soo big, I look at pictures and realize how little they still are. he's so cute in his little red plaid shirt.
sorry, that last comment was from linda and johanna.
Post a Comment