Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Helmet Head


Here is Linus in his new bike helmet. Annalouiza can pull two little ones in her bike trailer, so we got Linus a helmet for bike excursions with her and Lucero. We want him to associate helmets with bicycles so that he never thinks twice about putting a helmet on.

Do you notice how his overalls look like shorts now, instead of capris like they did in May? It is one sign of his physical growth over the summer. Another sign is his ability to play on Lucero's little play set that is designed for climbing and has a small slide. At the beginning of the summer, he needed help to slide down and couldn't climb up it without a hand. Now he even has the courage and ability to jump off the side of it. Wow!

Linus' 18-month portraits are in. I was hoping that family and friends could view all of the shots online, but Target doesn't provide that option. Sorry folks. He looks super cute. The shoot didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked, but the photographer still got some nice shots. Lovey is in several shots because he was getting tired and fussy and wanted it. There are some shots with me in them because I was trying to stop his crying or get him to cooperate with the pose instead of turning around to touch the backdrop. I purchased an 8x10 that is a compilation of three shots involving the two of us: me reading to Linus with him on my lap, a close up of me holding him and comforting him while he is crying, and one of him hugging my legs. I bought it because there aren't many pictures of the two of us together. I'm the picture taker in the family, so that is what happens.

I got the pictures taken on October 3, the day he turned 18 months old. I was sentimental about the milestone. It feels like there is just a sliver of his babyhood left. I love every Linus that comes along, but I wish very hard I could keep every single one of them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...18 months old. Hard to believe. I know what you mean about being the family picture taker. That's me, too. We have to make an effort to get photos of me with Juniper. Good idea to be in these photos with him!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Sara: 18 months? Holy cow! Can we purchse them too?

Anonymous said...

I just want to hug him!