Sadly, Matthew had to work Saturday afternoon. To perk me up a bit, I baked cookies with Linus. It was his first time helping with baking and he had so much fun. We tried a healthy oatmeal carrot raisin cookie recipe from the High Altitude Cooking book I got at the library. I chose it because Linus usually turns his nose up at yellow or orange vegetables, which means he's lacking in vitamin A. I thought this was a good way to sneak them into his diet. The dough was hard for him to mix and he got oatmeal on the floor, which elicited an "Uh oh!" from him. I reassured him that it was okay; we could sweep it up when we were done. I put the dough on one cookie sheet and let him do the other one. That was his favorite part. His whole body was giving off signs of glee. I had to work hard to repress my perfectionism and tendency to interfere. I succeeded for the most part and his little nuggets of cookies turned out just fine.
Monday, October 08, 2007
My Cute Little Baker
Sadly, Matthew had to work Saturday afternoon. To perk me up a bit, I baked cookies with Linus. It was his first time helping with baking and he had so much fun. We tried a healthy oatmeal carrot raisin cookie recipe from the High Altitude Cooking book I got at the library. I chose it because Linus usually turns his nose up at yellow or orange vegetables, which means he's lacking in vitamin A. I thought this was a good way to sneak them into his diet. The dough was hard for him to mix and he got oatmeal on the floor, which elicited an "Uh oh!" from him. I reassured him that it was okay; we could sweep it up when we were done. I put the dough on one cookie sheet and let him do the other one. That was his favorite part. His whole body was giving off signs of glee. I had to work hard to repress my perfectionism and tendency to interfere. I succeeded for the most part and his little nuggets of cookies turned out just fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oooh!! I love the last photo...the one of him carrying the plate of cookies. He looks like he's being so careful not to drop them!
It is soooo hard not to try to correct their little blobs. Did he eat the cookies or turn up his nose? I bet he was proud when Matthew ate them.
Aunt Sara says: I adore that picture of him with the plate of cooking. Oh my is he adorable. I miss that little guy sooo much! Kiss him for me!
What a fun way to spend a Saturday. Must be so nice to have a little Linus.
Aunt Sara: I want a little Linus of my own!
Post a Comment