Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Leaf Prints



I've been working on improving my Colorado bread making skills.  I'm finally starting to see some improvement in that my last batch turned out more than two inches tall.  Linus is getting better and better at putting the ingredients into the mixer without spilling as much.  He likes to knead the dough a bit. He thinks it is fun to leave his hand prints in it.  

While the bread was rising we went for a walk around the neighborhood to gather leaves for a fun painting activity.  We painted the leaves and pressed them on paper. He had fun smearing paint all over and specifically made one of the pages for Matthew.  

One of Linus' pretend games lately is to act like he is going to work.  He'll announce to me, "I'm going to work at the farm!"  I'll tell him to have a nice day and then he goes through the motions of driving there on his trike.  He still doesn't know how to pedal so he sits on it and talks about driving to work and some people getting off the bus at their stop.  Today he pretended to feed the farm animals sugar, which was really sand from his sand table. Other times he talks about having to go to meetings.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going to meetings? How does he even know about meetings! He needs a little farmers hat and a tractor to ride to his farm.

Stacey said...

He knows about meetings from Matthew telling us he was late for dinner because he had a meeting. I don't think he actually knows what a meeting is.

What exactly is a farmer hat?

Anonymous said...

A straw hat with a wide brim, of course!

Did you ever try ironing fall leaves between wax paper layers? (Use a press cloth!). They can be pretty arrangements to hang in a window or put on a table or whatever. I would guess a cool iron, not real hot -- It's been so long since I did that project (30 years).

Jean

Anonymous said...

I guess the farmers we knew growing up were more likely to wear a truckers hat but yes, like Jean said, a straw hat with a brim.

Anonymous said...

I want to report that my leaf print page was beautiful.