Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008


We had a delightful celebration with Martha and Bill for the second year in a row.  Linus asked me several times why we were going to their house and I told him we were going to have a Thanksgiving feast with them.  Before we headed out to their place that morning Linus asked about the feast and I guess he thought we would eat the second we got there.  Shortly after we arrived he asked me about the feast again.  

I hung a guest towel in the bathroom that I cross stitched a number of years ago with a mouse in a pilgrim outfit.  Linus asked me what we were going to dress up as.  When I told him we don't wear costumes for Thanksgiving he wanted to know why the mouse was wearing one.  Then he wanted to know about Pilgrims.  I told him that a long time ago Pilgrims came to North America on a ship called the Mayflower.  I edited down all the details to this version of events: They got caught here in the winter time and didn't have enough food and many became sick. In the spring some American Indians taught them how to grow gardens and the next fall they celebrated together because they had enough food.  Apparently this was enough of an answer for him this year.

I told Linus he could try some turkey at dinner, but he declined.  He did, however, have both apple and pumpkin pie for dessert.  After dinner Bill put on some music and we danced around together with scarves.  He was asleep within five minutes of being in the car to head home.  He was really tuckered out.  I got him into jammies and then he played for a while.  After he ate a few leftover rolls, he came to me and asked to go to bed.  I can't recall that ever happening before!  When we went to bed we could hear him snoring very loudly in the next room.

1 comment:

Sara and Billy said...

I am glad Linus had a wonderful Thanksgiving and you were all in good company. I love his smile in this picture!